Routine dental hygiene visits will allow your hygienist to work closely with you and the dentist to provide a personalized prevention plan that will ultimately benefit your overall health. Not only will a cleaning with one of our amazing hygienists leave your smile feeling bright and fresh, but it will also arm you with the knowledge to make informed decisions about your oral health.
What to expect during your hygiene appointment:
- Your hygienist will review your medical history and ask you about any chief concerns you may have.
- Your hygienist will update any overdue x-rays to help provide a comprehensive diagnosis and to make sure no cavities, abnormalities, or infections are overlooked.
- Your hygienist will do an oral cancer screening.
- Any removable appliances you have, such as dentures, a night guard, or retainers will be cleaned for you.
- Your hygienist will remove all plaque, tartar, and stains.
- Your teeth will be polished and flossed.
- Home care instructions will be provided.
- The above will be followed by a clinical exam by the Dentist.
Call today to find out more about Hygiene Therapy.